With good care habits, your dentures will look great for a long time. Dentures do require a little extra care, however, to keep them in good shape and prevent staining and scratches, which can dull the surface and allow for bacterial growth.
Tips For Cleaning Your Dentures
- Only use cleaning products (including pastes, soaks, and brushes) approved by Dr. Burgdorf. Products designed for natural teeth may be too abrasive for dentures.
- Clean your dentures at least once daily to avoid staining and keep them fresh.
- When your dentures are not in your mouth, keep them moist. Allowing them to dry can cause them to warp and no longer fit properly.
- When rinsing your dentures, use cool to lukewarm water. Hot water can change the shape of your dentures.
- Use caution when washing not to drop your dentures! Placing a towel on your counter can add an extra level of protection (since dentures can be slippery).
- If your dentures do fall, contact our Bridgeton dental office quickly so that Dr. Burgdorf can examine your dentures for damage that might not be immediately apparent.
- Any damage should be fixed promptly since this can change the fit of your dentures, allow for bacterial growth, or cause sores on your gums.
Contact Our 63044 Dentist Office for More on Dentures
Call our office today to schedule an appointment with Dr. Kevin Burgdorf.