When you visit you will see some changes in our interactions and how our team will be dressed. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions.
- When you arrive at the parking lot, we ask that you call the office to make sure that we are ready for you to come up. This will reduce the number of people in our reception area at any given time.
- We will ask you several COVID-19 screening questions and check your temperature when you arrive.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. You will also find some in the reception area and other places in the office for you to use as needed.
- You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, beverages, and so forth since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment. Luckily our practice has always strongly believed in seeing one patient at a time, so this is not much of a change for us.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
- Please bring a light sweater to wear, as our office may be colder than you’re used to.
- We have enhanced our infection control by the use of gowns, face shields, N95 masks, air purifiers, and much more. A Personal Protective Equipment fee of $10 is necessary to cover the cost of these enhanced safety procedures and equipment. This fee is collectible at the time of your procedure, but if it is paid by your dental insurance company, we will refund your payment.