We understand that most people do not look forward to their dentist appointments, but keeping up with your regular check-ups is more important than you think. Not only is it important to keep up your oral hygiene with routine cleanings, but regular visits to the dentist can also help you maintain your general health too.
Why You Should See a Dentist
- Check-ups - Having a dentist check your teeth regularly can help you save a lot of time, money, and avoid a lot of pain. When you make sure to keep up regular visits to the dentist they can catch issues like cavities and gum disease before they become bigger problems.
- Cleanings - Even if you brush and floss twice daily, it is still possible to get a build up of plaque on your teeth. If left unchecked, plaque will turn into tartar, which cannot be removed with brushing and flossing alone. It is recommended that you get your teeth cleaned at least once a year to every six months, but for those who have a history of illnesses such as heart disease or diabetes, you should visit more often.
- General health - Many people think that dentists can only help with your teeth and mouth, but this isn't completely accurate. During your regular visits, dentists can also check for certain cancers and diseases that start showing symptoms in your mouth such as cardiovascular disease, osteoporosis, and Alzheimer's.
- Brighter smile - A lot of people have low self-esteem because of flaws in their smile. One of the most common complaints people have about their teeth is that they aren't white enough. Keeping up with your oral hygiene can help, but keeping up with your regular dental visits will make sure to keep your smile bright.
- Healthy gums - Having unhealthy gums can lead to a lot of complications. Gum diseases, such as gingivitis, if left unchecked, can lead to periodontal disease. Periodontal disease is the weakening of the tissue that supports your teeth and is more difficult to treat. Though there may be no symptoms, some of the most common signs are bleeding, swollen gums, and bad breath.
- Save money - When left to their own devices, the bacteria in your mouth can cause painful and expensive damage. Preventative care is key to maintaining your oral health. Routine visits to the dentist will make sure that if problems do arise they are found and treated quickly.
Don't Delay Seeing Your Bridgeton MO Dentist
In order to maintain good oral hygiene it is important to make regular visits to your local dentist, For those living in the Bridgeton MO area, Dr. Kevin Burgdorf can help keep your mouth healthy and happy. To make an appointment, please contact our office today!