Dentures and Partials in Bridgeton, MO
Are you considering quality dentures in Bridgeton, MO?
What do you imagine when you think of dentures? Perhaps the first image to come to your mind is that of unnaturally white, blocky teeth set into vivid pink gums – nothing you would ever want!
We have fantastic news for you. Dentures and partials, one of the most cost-effective and popular options for replacing missing teeth, have been completely made over and now appear extremely realistic. Additionally, they fit comfortably and securely in your mouth, preventing worry about embarrassing “slips.” Today’s dentures are a far cry from your grandfather’s "false teeth." Your dentist in Bridgeton, MO would have it no other way!
Crafting Your Dentures in Bridgeton, MO
Each denture and partial is individually customized to fit the unique needs of every patient. Our dental office knows that both aesthetics and a proper fit are crucial. We have a close professional relationship with the lab that creates our removable prosthetics. This allows our Bridgeton, MO dentist to discuss the details of each patient’s case with the technician who will be actually fabricating the dentures. What this means for you is a shorter turn-around time on your dentures so that you can have your new teeth even faster.
Proper denture care is an important part of having dentures or partials. Using the right cleaners and products will extend the life of your dentures in Bridgeton, MO and keep them fitting properly.
To keep your dentures in great shape, follow these five main steps:
- Only clean your dentures with approved cleaners and brushes (we’ll provide you with a list of appropriate products to use). Regular brushes and toothpaste can be too abrasive for dentures and may cause to finish to become scratched, affecting the appearance and creating a place for bacteria to thrive.
- Wash, rinse, or soak your dentures in cool to lukewarm water only. Hot water will soften the material of your denture and cause it to lose its shape.
- Clean your dentures as directed every single day. This will prevent the buildup of plaque (yes, dentures can build up plaque!) and keep your dentures looking good and your breath fresh.
- Whenever your dentures are out of your mouth, keep them in their protective case with water. Allowing your dentures to dry out can cause them to warp.
- Be very careful to protect your dentures from falls. If you do happen to drop your dentures, bring them to us immediately so we can check them for any damage. Although you may not notice any apparent damage, your dentures could be knocked out of alignment or be damaged internally. Failing to fix them could cause bacterial growth, or your dentures may rub incorrectly against your gums, leading to sores and other problems.
Get Quality Dentures in Bridgeton, MO
Are you ready to learn more about dentures, partials, and other tooth-replacement options? Call our dentist office today to speak to Bridgeton, MO dentist Dr. Kevin Burgdorf. We are only a few minutes away from the Hazelwood, Champ, Earth City and Maryland Heights areas!